This page contains some general guidelines about Wikinet. As the guidelines grow and develop, break them into more sections and pages.
The wikitext of a link should be simply this:
* [http://www.example.com/ Example] - Description of the site or page.
If a list of links grows too big, break it into sections.
If a page grows too big, break it into several pages, probably based on the sections.
- Dont copy the website, respect the copyright !
- Keep them short! One sentence max! If you cannot sum it up in one sentence, you're taking the wrong approach.
- Try to mention whatever makes the resource different from the rest.
- Do not describe the qualities of the resource, just its nature. For example, don't go "Video site with a section for top videos and another for new videos."
- Avoid subjective descriptions such as "the best", "funny", etc.
Spam is ok, but[modifier]
We welcome all links, however:
- We mark all links with the "nofollow" attribute, which means that Google will completely ignore them when calculating the PageRank of your site.
- Keep them at the relevant pages! If you have a penis enlargement site, leave it at our Penis enlargement page, not at the Health page or any other less relevant page.
- If you add your link to irrelevant pages, someone else may move it to the relevant page, but that someone may also delete it.
- Repeated spam at irrelevant pages will get your site to the spam blacklist.
- If your site or project goes down, have the decency to return here and remove the link.
Guidelines of Wikinet in other languages[modifier]